Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Strawberry Cookies and Galaxy Quest: A Fine Afternoon

Ah, there is truly nothing better to a person with a part-time retail job than a day off. Especially after a sale. Oh, god, sales!!! I always feel like I'm facing down an army of orcs....


Yeah, just like that.

Anyways, Cookies!!! Baking on a day off while geeking out to movies is one of the highlights of my week, and this week my friend K.Pond and I decided to kick strawberry season off right with Strawberry Cookies!


The recipe came from a delightful blog called Butter Baking, and I highly recommend you check it out. Its adorable. And delicious. Unless you're allergic. Then don't try these and then sue me because of the trauma. Make this instead.


Ingrediants:

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
9 oz strawberries, sliced
2 tbsp sugar (for the berries)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get out two cookie sheets, line with parchment if desired.

2. Slice the berries and coat with the extra 2 tbsp sugar. Set aside to get delicious.


3. Beat the butter, two sugars, and the vanilla until smooth. Then add the egg and beat well.

4. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda slowly, just until the dough comes together.

(Hi, K.Pond!)

5. Now, take the strawberries and pat them dry; they'll have gotten sticky and juicy. Then stir into the batter.


6. Drop in rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheets.


7. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden. Then, wait until they cool. I recommend some mimosas while you wait.


The cookies are buttery, sweet, and tart if the berries are good! They do get soggy pretty fast, so as the original blog states you might want to eat them ASAP. 

 Along with the cookies, K.Pond and I also watched numerous movies. Including Galaxy Quest: the best spoof sci-fi movie ever (sorry Fanboys).


Its almost the perfect cult-classic. Its got Sigourney Weaver from Alien(s), Tim Allen from the 1990's, and Alan Rickman who is awesomely British in everything he does.


Yup. Thats pretty much him throughout the entire movie. Priceless. Besides, he's also Snape. 


Its just....the feels, man....so....many...feels.....



Ok, Ok, enough from me today. Seriously though, try the cookies and watch Galaxy Quest. Also drink mimosas cause I'm a bad role model and condone (possible) underage drinking.

*All images from Pinterest today. Cause Awesome*



4 comments:

  1. Another sort of shout out to me. I'll stay butthurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Quidditch post is coming soon, I promise :p

      Delete
  2. hmm..... "eat them ASAP"....
    don't have to tell me twice!
    *nomz*

    Seriously though, they look yummy and now I want cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With strawberry season starting up, I'm really tempted to make them again. Also, many strawberry recipes are coming soon!

      Delete

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!