Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Now What Do I Do With My Life- Still Have Harry Potter Withdrawal?

Ah, Harry Potter. Magic, Mystery, Mayhem. Fancy British writing that is waay better than my lame alliterations. How I miss it still. Can you believe its been 7 years since Deathly Hallows was released? SEVEN. How is this even possible?!?!



Its so strange that a book series is still such an important part of my, and others, existence. I'm pretty sure that I make at least one HP quote a day. I've seen real-life Quidditch. I voted the fandom #3 in my Top 5 Fandoms list. I'm also pretty sure that I watch at least one movie every month (curse you ABC Family for your incessant re-runs!). I'm even still vehement that I'm a Ravenclaw. 


But so far the Great and Powerful J.K. Rowling hasn't done much to alleviate and HP fan's obsessive needs. Oh, well. At least that chick that wrote Twilight hasn't written any more of those "novels." I think my heart would break if she had another book come out before J.K. did...



So, how does a sad Harry Potter fan cope with such an absence? Well, you could re-read the books. Go to LeakyCon. Read fanfiction (be careful, sh** gets cray cray. You have been warned). Or, if you're like me and my friend K-Pond.....make cupcakes!!! Butterbeer cupcakes to be exact!

I just wanted a simple recipe for them, since some get really complicated. Plus, I live in Florida and its already Summery hot here. Quick and easy is a must in the Summer. Luckily I found one on The Domestic Rebel's site. They're quick, easy, and butterscotchy. So, so good!

ButterBeer Cupcakes


Ingrediants:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 can butterscotch soda (or really good cream soda, which I used)
1 small box instant butterscotch pudding
butterscotch sundae sauce
~4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with liners.

2.) In a large bowl, beat the soda and cake mix together until combined. NOTHING ELSE. 


3.) Add in the pudding mix and combine.


4.) Fill the cupcake liner up to 2/3 the way. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. They will be spongy, but they are cooked.

*Forget to take a picture*

5.) Beat together the butter and 3tbs to half a jar of the butterscotch sauce, depending on your tastes. Add in the powdered sugar slowly. If you use a lot of butterscotch, you'll need to have more than 4 cups of powdered sugar to help it set. 


6.) Ice the cupcakes and enjoy!


I can't promise these taste exactly like butterbeer, but they are really gooey and taste a lot like butterscotch. Eh, I liked them. So whatevs. There are a ton of different recipes for butterbeer cupcakes out there on the internet, so you can definitely find one you like!

So, will you be giving theses cupcakes a try? What do you miss most about Harry Potter? Do you want J.K to write another in-universe book? Leave a comment below and, as always, subscribe and share if you likey~

*All hail Pinterest. All hail.....my new Froakie plushie!!! He guards my laptop and remotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!