Sunday, May 25, 2014

Chewy Ginger Cookies- Allrecipes Test #2

(They're Knit cookies! Adorable!)

I have returned my fellow *Paused Lifers*! Did you miss me? Probably not. Oh well.

(Fee the wrath of the Ten sad face!)

You know whats a good snack item? Cookies. You know what the best flavor of cookie is? All of them. I'm quite serious about my cookies.


....Don't  touch without my permission...

Anyways, I have a story for you all today. A story that takes place many years in the past. It was a warm Winter day. The palm trees swayed in the wind, the majestic mosquito buzzed lightly in the air, and the snowbirds flocked to the beaches by the dozen. Ah, Florida winters.


It was on a day like that that my friends Psizzle, K.Pond, and I decided to make gingerbread men for -Insert appropriate winter-themed holiday here-.  

Alas, the humidity made the dough unruly, and no amount of extra flour or mixing could help. I warned my dear friends that the hand mixer felt warm, but to no avail. It sparked and caught on fire, sending smoke throughout the kitchen.


.....It was a horrific scene...However, it did inspire me to find a BETTER ginger cookie. One that wouldn't set kitchen appliances ablaze, and that is where the thinking behind this recipe comes from!

Today I bring you another Allrecipes test, one that I admit to have made before. They are just so good I couldn't resist making them again! These cookies aren't your Grandma's gingerbread cookies; they're moist, sweet, and a tad savory. An almost perfectly balanced cookie.


Chewy Ginger Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tbs water
1/4 cup molasses
2 extra tbs sugar



1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.


2.) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the molasses and water. Then stir in the dry ingredients.


3.) Shape the dough into walnut sized balls and roll in the remaining 2 tbs sugar. Place on cookie sheets and flatten slightly.


4.) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on the sheets for an extra 5, then completely cool them on a wire rack. Enjoy!


Trust me, if you like gingerbread but wish it wasn't as rock hard, these are the cookies for you!

So, will you be trying out this recipe? What is your favorite kind of cookie? Leave a comment below and, as always, subscribe and share if you likey~

All HAIL THE MIGHTY PINTEREST!!!! and its assortment of cute knit cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!