Sunday, April 17, 2016

~Life, the Universe, and Everything~


Dang, this blog thing has been dead for over two years. So much has happened. I got a cat, the presidential primaries started and quickly fell into insanity, many of my favorite British people died, David Bowie returned to the stars, Chris Pratt trained velociraptors. Oh, and I have practically graduated from graduate school.

and my new computer can save gifs apparently :/

Probably most importantly was that I finally binge watched Arrested Development. Yeah, that was definitely the most life changing event. Maeby. Get it? Maeby. Maybe....Go watch the show!

No gif for you, Shia LaBeouf, you cannibal!

Ok, I'm gonna stop with that stuff. I have a M.A. now, I have to be a classy intellectual. Anyways, with my graduation comes a new major life change.....more graduate school!!! So, remember how I was dead set, 100% certain on going into Classics and doing the whole Ph.D. thing? Yeah, that plan died and was sent out to sea.


I realized last fall that the stress and the academic environment just weren't for me. It was a hard decision that involved several therapy session, deep retrospection, and a impromptu cat adoption. Sometimes realizing that you need to change your game plan is the hardest thing to do. It makes you feel like a failure, a quitter. Like you've let down everyone that helped you get to where you are. Well, F*** it! I'm going into Library Sciences and I haven't felt like I'm making a decision so right since I went to Europe all those years ago. I'm going into a new field blind: no money, no background, no one moving with me. Its all on me, baby, and that's just great!

This past year has really been one of personal growth and I can't wait to start this new chapter of my life. With this, I've decided to revive this old fossil (Its my own personal Jurassic Park reboot) of a blog to resume its cathartic abilities. 




And to show off my animals. The internet loves cats.

Hi Rosie!

I plan to document my continued ~life on pause~, my issues, how I learned to cope, etc. some more top 5s, maybe a movie review or two since I'm a movie snob now. Oh, and to resume showing off my adventures in baking. This blog seriously missed out on that the last two years, I really honed my craft. Look at some of this stuff, pure beauty!




Anyways, feel free to join me on this new life adventure. Or just stick around for the cat pics. That works too.

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!