Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pokemon Go- 5 Things I Want to See Happen


Yup, its time for my own obligatory post on Pokemon Go! Since the nostalgia has hit maximum levels the last few years, it was only a matter of time before Nintendo and Pokemon jumped on the bandwagon. While I enjoy the mibile game, despite its glitches, I do have some helpful tips for my beloved franchise. I won't, though, be mentioning the server errors or any of the bugs, since those go without saying. Here are 5 things I think need to happen to keep this game alive.

1.  Better battle system- 1 vs 1 real time battles at least


Need I say more? This needs to happen and if it doesn't Gamefreak and Nintendo really are self-sabotaging.

2.  More Pokemon...But maybe not all of them.

Here me out: I think starting with the original 151 was definitely the right move, and the only practical one to get the gen 1-ers on board, but having all 721 eventually available in the game just won't work. A) People will get bored by generation 3 B)  way....tooo...much...data...
A better idea may be to do special hoards of rare Pokemon from other generations. Maybe keep with releasing large chunks of the most popular, but ALL of them just seems crazy, especially with no other game features to keep people invested. Plus, this already happens in the main series games- some Pokemon can only be acquired though paying for Pokemon Bank or by special releases from Gamestop or wifi. 

3. Pokemon Amie or another way to interact with your 'Mons.


I've been telling people since X and Y came out that Pokemon Amie would make a GREAT phone game. Catch Mon, pet Mon, feed Mon, play mini games to earn its love and smiles. This would be an excellent way to expand Pokemon Go and to keep people emotionally invested. Or just make it a separate game. I'm good either way.

4. Trading over Mons from the main games via wifi for training and feels- aka Gen 4 pedometer


Now, this one is a bit of a stretch even for me, since it makes things incredibly messy for both the main games and the basic idea of Go, but hey, it could work. I enjoyed having the ability to walk around with my favorite Pokemon clipped onto my bag or belt when Gen 4 came out and to be honest, the Pokemon Go Plus band totally reminds me of it!


5. An end to these kinds of posts


Haha, kidding! Last year did it better though, imo. 



I'd really like Gamefreak and Niantic to update the distribution of Pokemon. Seriously, there is nothing near me and nothing ever spawns. I feel like i'm lost in some desert in a Spaghetti western or something...


I know other people feel my pain on this one. I love Pidgeot and all, but please make other things more common for randomly popping up. Please!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!