Sunday, March 16, 2014

Confessions from a Paused Life- Tips for Cheering Yourself Up

Hey there, ~Paused Lifers~! We've all been there. You have a bad day, get some bad news, run frantically around trying to rethink your entire life. Again. Ugh. Life just sucks on too many occasions.


Who knows why it does this. Other people have pretty good lives, right? Guess its just the luck of the draw. Some people can't get a break and never will. But you know what???


Yeah, take that, existential crisis! Until someone tells me what the freak is going on or what I should do in life, I'll do whatever I can to make my self happy!  So, in honor of this new-found " I don't give a freak", I'm going to share with you what I do to help get myself (temporarily) out of a funk.

 Pinterest

Ah, Pinterest. My old and new found addiction.


Once upon a time I gave you up, fearing the distraction would impact my classwork in college. Well, guess who's not in college anymore and doesn't have an important enough job to care about?


The time waste, its so hypnotic. You just keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. You literally never have to stop looking at funny pictures or mouth-watering food. Just accept the zombification and let all your worries fade away.

Movie Marathon

For me, its Mel Brooks specifically. There really is nothing like curling up on the couch in your pjs with a bowl of rocky road icecream and watching some of the funniest movies ever. Blazing Saddles, History of the World: Part 1, The Producers Young Frankenstein, etc. All Brilliant.


Seriously, its so hard to bed upset while watching any of these movies.Check them out if you haven't. Now. I'll wait... Here's a clip to get you started

                                         

Anyways, just watch your favorite movies. Nothing too depressing though, that's counter-productive.


Ryan Gosling, we meet again...

Baking

.....Get your minds out of the gutter! There, now that that is done, there's just something about making sweet treats that just puts me in a good mood. Cupcakes, cookies, candy, bread. Especially bread. Kneading bread is WONDERFUL for working out some issues. You're pretty much beating the crud out of the bread dough, its fantastic.


Take that, emotional strain!!!! Plus, you then get to eat said baked goods. Instant cheer up, nothing like eating your feelings away!

Look at the little face, its saying "eat me, feel better, its ok, you can diet when you're older".

Pokemon, aka Violent Video games

I get such a rush of joy from playing the Pokemon games. Don't judge, at one point in time everyone who was a child during the 90's played it. Many of you still do  too. Don't lie. Posers. 


Now, I'm not saying you have to play Pokemon specifically, just any violent-ish video game. It goes back to the Pinterest and kneading bread thing: Mindless and useful in venting rage. For me, though, Pokemon also has that nostalgia of a more peaceful time. Just happiness, no crazy adult worries. Just me, my team, and that punk-ass rival from Red/Blue.


Yeah, take that Gary Oak! Take that Life! 

Well, there you have it, the things I do to cheer myself up. I'm not claiming that these will work for you, or that they even work for me 100% of the time. No one is perfect, internet...Stop with the judgement!

So, what do you guys do to cheer yourselves up? Leave a comment below and, as always, subscribe and share if you likey~ Seriously, though, subscribe. Now. I can wait...

*Pinterest is Godly in its mindless scrolling. So...much...geekyness...*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool and leave a comment. Oh, and Beware: there be troll eating dragons!